Work at Helix Community Schools
Helix Community Schools is Hiring Now!
Helix Community Schools (Helix) is now accepting applications for teachers in all subjects, especially in critical areas of mathematics, science, ELA, social studies, special education, and STEM for the 2021-22 school year at both schools. Certified teachers, career changers, and recent graduates should submit a cover letter and resume below. Submitting a cover letter and resume will give principals the ability to invite you to interview for open positions in your subject area.
- A competitive starting salary. We put our money where our mouth is when it comes to valuing great teaching.
- A robust benefits package in addition to your salary, including health coverage, paid time off, and retirement benefits.
- We take your growth as seriously as you take your students’. Whether you’re new to teaching or a seasoned veteran, you’ll hone your craft with cutting-edge professional development at every stage of your career.
At Helix, you’ll join a team that believes collaboration helps teachers become better problem-solvers, learn about themselves and their colleagues, and discover deeper meaning in their careers.
Helix is looking for individuals who:
- Believe that all students can learn, take responsibility for student growth and accept that student failure is not an option
- Have grit, determination and passion
- Are masters of pedagogy and content knowledge
- Reflect and continuously develop their skills
- Can lead and manage the classroom
- Engage all students
- Work collaboratively with peers
- Build strong relationships to partner with students, parents, and colleagues
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
We highly encourage applications from certified teachers and strong candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and pass a criminal background check
- Valid Louisiana teaching certificate in appropriate subject area OR meet requirements to enroll in the alternate route to certification process.
Apply to teach at Helix today!
Helix Community Schools does not discriminate employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age or genetics.